Monday, June 29, 2009

Effects On Children Of Divorced Parents

Getting divorced is rough, period. Although one of my friends have divorced, he did it for one reason and it was to be able to purchase some property. However, there are effects on children of divorced parents. If there isn't and since I have a kid, I'll be lying to you if I claim there isn't any because there is. Here are some the effects that it has with my daughter.
  • Grow up without her mom and dad.
  • Live with her mom and possibly her boyfriend, who plans on moving in with her mom when both her and her boyfriend's divorces are finalized.
  • Her dad (me) will be 300 miles apart unless I move closer to her.
  • Emotionally hurt without both parents being around.
  • Her mom and dad may fight when they see each other.
There is no better way for children to live the rest of their lives without their mom and dad. If there's a loser in the divorce, it's not the mom nor the dad. It's the children.

Before considering a divorce, make sure you understand its effects on children. Always try to patch things up with your spouse before you undertake the task of filing for a divorce because it hasn't been a pleasant experience for me nor my daughter. At least, be prepared for anything that may happen when you get served with a divorce petition by a sheriff or anyone over the age of 18.

Don't forget to get a lawyer and respond to the divorce petition. You're gonna need it because your spouse will do everything they can to take you to the cleaners if you don't.

Good luck and have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment